Well, what a year it has been. 2015 really has been one of the best years of my life. Career wise, relationship wise and friendship wise. I moved to London, into a flat with my boyfriend and started working full time. I’ve managed to keep up regular contact with my family and friends – from home, uni and other places (thanks WhatsApp!) My resolution, however, is to see my family and friends more often, as I know I’m shit at this 🙊
And everyone is obviously excited about 2016 – because if 2015 was anything to go by, things will only get better and better. It’s hard to believe I only started this little blog in February, the opportunities I’ve had from just this blog have truly amazed me. I could not be more excited to find out what 2016 has to hold for me, my family and my friends and I’m so excited to have you guys come along for the ride.
As 2015 was so special for me, I wanted to round up the best of livelyel in 2015, out of 134 posts!
Here’s a quick recap on my most viewed posts.
1. Kayla Fever – At the top of my list is not only my Kayla Itsines World Tour Bikini Body Bootcamp Review, but also both my BBG eGuide reviews – the first and the second. You could almost call Kayla Itsines a global phenomenon. I now know so many girls who do her guides/use her app, it’s mad! I first started BBG in May 2013 and I’m still using it – that’s gotta mean something right?
2. Activity Tracker Reviews – The second most popular group of posts is my activity tracker review section. Activity trackers have been huge in 2015, and I think the sector will keep growing in 2016 as more and more of us realise how important it is to look after our bodies (plus, we crave feedback/acknowledgement). The top review you guys looked at was the Fitbit Charge HR, then the Jawbone UP, the Polar M400 and the Misfit Shine – some of my personal favourites!
3. Life Update – The post where I announced I was moving to London. Admittedly, this will have gotten a lot of views as it was posted on my Facebook, so a lot of my friends will have clicked on it, but I’m glad to know people are interested in what I do – I plan on keeping these Sunday posts regular (though I missed last week 🙊), so you’ll always know when anything changes.
4. Getting Started – I’m so happy this is up there with one of the most viewed blog posts I’ve done. It was one of my first ever posts and gives you tips and tricks to get started with running. I’ll be doing an updated one soon so keep an eye out for it!
5. Serious Talk – One of my most serious posts and something I’m really passionate about, Shining the Light on: Eating Disorders. As some of you may know, I studied science communication and love to explain/chat about how to be healthy, and why being healthy should be more desirable than looking a certain way. Young girls (and boys) are constantly bombarded with “this is how you should look” from the media and I’m so glad this one is one of my top posts as it’s actually a really important topic and could help someone.
6. Quick Tips to Debloat and Re-Energise – Another one of my favourites – not a quick fix to lose weight, but some simple steps you can take to reduce bloating and feel more energised. I’m planning on writing more like this in 2016, any ones in particular you’d like to see? What quick tips would you want?
Finally, I’d like to thank all of the amazing companies that have allowed me to work with them this year. From Fitbit UK, who kickstarted it all, to Bear Strength Clothing, for asking me to model their new line and to ITV Wales/S4C and Hacio, for allowing me to share my story!
I can’t wait to see what the new year brings.
Happy New Year all,