This is my recipe for a simple, easy + super delicious green pasta sauce. It only takes 15 minutes to make, so it’s perfect for a mid-week meal when you’ve got no time to prep. I love pasta – I don’t think I could ever go carb-free (the horror!), but some pasta sauces are full of sugar so I thought I’d try to create my own sauce.
- Handful of fresh basil
- Handful of fresh spinach
- A whole lot (technical term) of grated parmesan
- A couple of cloves of garlic
- Olive oil (enough to get the right consistency)
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Of course – pasta
- Mix all of the ingredients together using a blender, leaving some parmesan for adding on top of the pasta – you want the same consistency as pesto
- Boil the pasta for 8-10 minutes
- Drain the pasta and add stir in the green sauce
- Serve into a bowl, add the remaining grated parmesan and some black pepper.