I’ve finally managed (a couple of weeks since the Lisbon marathon) to get back into running! Although I’ve not been doing any “proper” distance running, I’ve been enjoying doing 5-10km after work with my colleagues.
The nights in the UK are now in pitch-black and freezing mode – so I’ve got myself a post run routine that not only spurs me on, but that also treats myself!
- Firstly, I drink a bottle of flavoured milk – I read a long time ago in Runners World that chocolate milk is a good recovery drink, so while I don’t drink plain milk really ever (don’t like the taste) these milkshakes from Shaken Udder are utterly delicious (more info on these milkshakes below)
- Second, I run myself a bath – with lots of Epsom salts and bubbles to help soothe my muscles and warm me back up again
- Third, I get into my PJs (that, ideally, have been warming on the radiator)
- Finally, I snuggle up on the sofa, with a peppermint tea and some sort of carby goodness, usually pasta (have you tried my green goddess pasta?!)
More about Shaken Udder:as I said above, I’m not a big milk-drinker – however, I am a big chocolate lover and oh my god the Salted Caramel (hello!) – it’s sweet, salty and simply velvety. A close second for me is the Belgian Chocolate is by far my favourite!! It actually tastes like chocolate, not that chocolate flavouring you usually get! Dom’s a big fruit milkshake fan (which works perfectly) so his favourites are the Banana and new Strawberries and Cream. Quite simply, there’s something for everyone!
- Are gluten free
- Are suitable for vegetarians
- Contain vitamin B12
- Are made with British milk
- In recyclable bottles
- Contain no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
You can get your hands on a bottle from a number of retailers, including Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Selfridges, Whole Foods or Booths (if you’re up north).